Git is a free and open source distributed version control system designed to handle programming projects with speed and efficiency. It's an outstanding lifeline for any programmer working on any project, big or small. Over this lab-intensive course, you'll learn the fundamentals of using Git, and understand how to leverage this system to build programs and apps more efficiently.
- Access 114 lectures & 11.5 hours of content 24/7
- Learn Git installation on multiple platforms
- Configure Git repository in 3 ways
- Modify, add, & commit artifacts, & inspect Git repository using status & log checks
- Discover Git branching basics & the basics of public key cryptography
- Communicate w/ GitHub from a local repository
- Understand HTTPS & SSH connection w/ GitHub & manage connections
- Learn basic file management in Git bash
Bibhash Roy is a Software Engineer turned entrepreneur with over 25 years of rich industrial experience (17 years in Software Development) in diverse fields. However, he is passionate about teaching what he has learned in his career spanning an array of prestigious stints at large Global Corporate power houses such as PricewaterhouseCoopers and Siemens.
Over the years, he has gained deep knowledge and expertise in programming languages such as Java, C, C++, PL/SQL, Scala and Python to name a few. He has worked extensively in various frameworks and tools such Spring, Struts, Hibernate, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark and others. He has been working with Git and GitHub almost since their inception. As a part of engineering responsibility, he has developed and architected numerous highly scalable & mission critical applications.
Currently in the role of founder and CEO, Bibhash is spearheading Whitepeak Software, a Software Development Company that is deeply involved in domains such as Bigdata, mobile and Cloud Computing.