Big Data sounds pretty daunting doesn't it? Well, this course aims to make it a lot simpler for you. Using Hadoop and MapReduce, you'll learn how to process and manage enormous amounts of data efficiently. Any company that collects mass amounts of data, from startups to Fortune 500, need people fluent in Hadoop and MapReduce, making this course a must for anybody interested in data science.
- Access 71 lectures & 13 hours of content 24/7
- Set up your own Hadoop cluster using virtual machines (VMs) & the Cloud
- Understand HDFS, MapReduce & YARN & their interaction
- Use MapReduce to recommend friends in a social network, build search engines & generate bigrams
- Chain multiple MapReduce jobs together
- Write your own customized partitioner
- Learn to globally sort a large amount of data by sampling input files
Loonycorn is comprised of four individuals--Janani Ravi, Vitthal Srinivasan, Swetha Kolalapudi and Navdeep Singh--who have honed their tech expertises at Google and Flipkart. The team believes it has distilled the instruction of complicated tech concepts into funny, practical, engaging courses, and is excited to be sharing its content with eager students.