Ruby on Rails has been used to build some of the most complex websites in existence, and is a hugely valuable tool for any aspiring web developer. In this course, you'll learn how to build a Rails application from scratch, following along with the instructor's real
process when he was hired to build this app. Through this lens, you'll learn common mistakes, as well as troubleshooting fixes to become a more complete developer.
- Access 120 lectures & 19 hours of content 24/7
- Use TDD & BDD w/ the RSpec & Capybara testing frameworks
- Work w/ the Twilio API to send SMS messages
- Integrate a permission structure for users
- Work w/ automated email components
- Create an approval workflow from scratch
Jordan Hudgens has been a software engineer for the past decade and has traveled the world building applications and training individuals on a wide variety of topics ranging from programming techniques to Microsoft Office solutions.
With a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Jordan focuses on project driven education, as opposed to pure theory based development. This style of teaching is conducive to learning how to actually build products in a short period of time.
Jordan currently develops projects for clients in a number of different industries utilizing a variety of programming languages and frameworks, including: Ruby on Rails, Java, PHP, Swift, and AngularJS.
Details & Requirements
- Length of time users can access this course: lifetime
- Access options: web streaming, mobile streaming
- Certification of completion not included
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Experience level required: intermediate
- Instant digital redemption