In this course, you'll dig deep into deep learning, discussing principal components analysis and a popular nonlinear dimensionality reduction technique known as t-distributed stochastic neighbor embedding (t-SNE). From there you'll learn about a special type of unsupervised neural network called the autoencoder, understanding how to link many together to get a better performance out of deep neural networks.
- Access 30 lectures & 3 hours of content 24/7
- Discuss restricted Boltzmann machines (RBMs) & how to pretrain supervised deep neural networks
- Learn about Gibbs sampling
- Use PCA & t-SNE on features learned by autoencoders & RBMs
- Understand the most modern deep learning developments
The Lazy Programmer is a data scientist, big data engineer, and full stack software engineer. For his master's thesis he worked on brain-computer interfaces using machine learning. These assist non-verbal and non-mobile persons to communicate with their family and caregivers.
He has worked in online advertising and digital media as both a data scientist and big data engineer, and built various high-throughput web services around said data. He has created new big data pipelines using Hadoop/Pig/MapReduce, and created machine learning models to predict click-through rate, news feed recommender systems using linear regression, Bayesian Bandits, and collaborative filtering and validated the results using A/B testing.
He has taught undergraduate and graduate students in data science, statistics, machine learning, algorithms, calculus, computer graphics, and physics for students attending universities such as Columbia University, NYU, Humber College, and The New School.
Details & Requirements
- Length of time users can access this course: lifetime
- Access options: web streaming, mobile streaming
- Certification of completion not included
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Experience level required: intermediate, but you must have some knowledge of calculus, linear algebra, probability, Python, Numpy, and be able to write a feedforward neural network in Theano and TensorFlow.
- All code for this course is available for download here, in the directory unsupervised_class2
- Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 15 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.