Data, in many forms, is presented in sequences: stock prices, language, credit scoring, etc. Being able to analyze them, therefore, is of invaluable importance. In this course you'll learn a machine learning algorithm - the Hidden Markov Model - to model sequences effectively. You'll also delve deeper into the many practical applications of Markov Models and Hidden Markov Models.
Think this is cool? Check out the other bundles in this series, The Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence Introductory Bundle, and The Advanced Guide to Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Access 40 lectures & 4.5 hours of content 24/7
- Use gradient descent to solve for the optimal parameters of a Hidden Markov Model
- Learn how to work w/ sequences in Theano
- Calculate models of sickness & health
- Analyze how people interact w/ a website using Markov Models
- Explore Google's PageRank algorithm
- Generate images & discuss smartphone autosuggestions using HMMs
The Lazy Programmer is a data scientist, big data engineer, and full stack software engineer. For his master's thesis he worked on brain-computer interfaces using machine learning. These assist non-verbal and non-mobile persons to communicate with their family and caregivers.
He has worked in online advertising and digital media as both a data scientist and big data engineer, and built various high-throughput web services around said data. He has created new big data pipelines using Hadoop/Pig/MapReduce, and created machine learning models to predict click-through rate, news feed recommender systems using linear regression, Bayesian Bandits, and collaborative filtering and validated the results using A/B testing.
He has taught undergraduate and graduate students in data science, statistics, machine learning, algorithms, calculus, computer graphics, and physics for students attending universities such as Columbia University, NYU, Humber College, and The New School.
Details & Requirements
- Length of time users can access this course: lifetime
- Access options: web streaming, mobile streaming
- Certification of completion not included
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Experience level required: all levels, but knowledge of Python and Numpy coding is expected
- All code for this course is available for download here, in the directory hmm_class
- Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 15 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.